The ukulele: often underestimated yet a truly wonderful instrument for people aged 8 to 108!
What makes it so special? It is:
- light and portable
- excellent as a solo or ensemble instrument
- a great tool for developing ear-training and learning music theory
- inexpensive to purchase compared to other instruments, although a word of warning – many people end up with more than one! (Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome)
- you can play while singing!
- versatile – perfect for simple campfire sing-a-longs, more challenging classical and traditional music, or covering your favourite radio hits
- perfect for any age, from kids to adults (recommended for age 8+)
- a great starting point for gaining comfort on a fretted instrument
- pleasant and mellow to listen to (mom/dad/spouse/roommates won’t require ear plugs while you practice!)
“Right from the first lesson, Cynthia taught me a lot, from strumming techniques, to tricks of the instrument. Cynthia is a fantastic teacher, and she brings such a passion for music to her teaching. When she plays, you can tell that Cynthia loves what she does, and that is crucial in a teacher. If you’re young and just starting out in the music world, or if you have a few years in your sails and want to bring a little uke into your life, I recommend contacting Cynthia. I can’t wait until my next lesson!” – Emma B.
Get in touch today to get started. Private lessons, remote/Skype sessions, and school/group/team-building workshop options available.